How your business can benefit from using online form buildersKris Thain
From surveys and quizzes to questionnaires and registrations, form builders are a common and useful way of gathering data for your business. Here is all you need to know about them and which form builders we recommend!
What are form builders?
Form builders are flexible tools capable of creating many types of fillable forms. They are often really easy to create as most of them use a drag-and-drop interface, which can then be embedded into your website or system.
Millions of businesses use form builders to collect information from customers or employees for a multitude of reasons.
How do form builders work?
The way form builders work is relatively straightforward.
You create labels and questions for the pieces of information you’re looking to collect. Then, respondents can provide that information via freeform text boxes, dropdowns, radio buttons, and more.
You can also set certain fields as required or optional and restrict the types of responses you receive to have more control over the data you collect.
The best form builders will collect and analyse your data in real time and store it in a safe cloud-based account for you to access at any time.
How your business can benefit from using online form builders
Prefilling forms allows you to request updates from the person submitting. For example, recruitment companies to ask for updating of CV’s and availability of potential candidates
- Prefilling a hidden field in enquiry forms will help determine where the enquiry came from. So the same form can be used on your website, email campaigns, social media etc. simply by modifying the URL to prefill the source.
- By offering to prefill forms with information that’s relevant to the customer, you increase your chances of converting them into lead or customers.
- Help your visitors take advantage of your products or offers by creating forms that are already pre-populated with their personal information, making it easier for them to fill out.
- Efficiently manage all types of customer questions and follow-ups by using online form builders
- Your answers are typed directly into the form, eliminating the tedious process of filling out paper questionnaires.
- They are easy to use and you can build a simple form in under 5 mins as there is a wide selection of templates available to use. There is also no coding required so anyone can use the builders.
- They are easy to distribute to multiple people
- They make it easy to collect and analyse data without limiting the type of information your participants can provide. You’ll see and understand your research results in no time
Best online form builder for quickly creating powerful forms for free
Google Forms – Google Forms is a free and easy way to create beautiful and professional-looking surveys – and gather insightful data – for almost any purpose.
You can save even more time with these automations
Typeform – Thousands of people love taking Typeform surveys, and here’s why: They’re easier to fill out, faster to complete, and your response data comes in a clean, structured format. You can Automatically distribute responses of your Typeform to other systems you use e.g CRM, marketing tool or anything else using Typeform’s Zapier Integration
Cognito Forms – Cognito Forms look incredible and will convert leads into sales. Zapier lets you connect Cognito Forms with thousands of the most popular apps, so you can automate your work and have more time for what matters most—no code required.
Your Business and Form Builders
Hopefully by now, you will see why having forms in your business is simple, easy and really effective. From gathering lead data to employee onboarding, you can create anything with online form builders to make your life easier.
We have provided four online form builder options for you to consider. If you’re still not sure, or need something a little more bespoke, then get in touch. We can discuss your requirements more and work together to find a solution that’s right for you!