Case Study – Hold Tech Files LtdKris Thain
Hold Tech Files provides secure data storage for worldwide machinery manufacturing companies. These companies supply machinery and products into the European Economic Area.
What were they?
Hold Tech Files website will enable companies to upload Technical Files to Hold Tech’s systems.
Contact was made with potential clients
1. Lead received
2. Back and forth email conversation to determine requirements
3. Mandates emailed to the client to be signed
4. Signed mandates returned via email from the client
5. Invoice raised manually and emailed to client for payment to be made via PayPal
6. Request for files to be stored made via email
7. Documents reviewed by Consultant
8. Documents approved and uploaded to Dropbox manually
Hold Tech was finding these manual steps time-consuming, and not the best use of their time.
What were the goals?
Hold Tech processes were well defined and repetitive which meant they were prime for automation. We were tasked with automating the process from start to finish minimising any time required from Hold Tech unless the client needs help.
How did we help?
We started by creating a Typeform that would lead the client through the process prompting them for information. This was embedded onto Hold Tech website and took away the requirement for back and forth emails.
Once the completed form is submitted the information is automatically passed to Airtable which triggers Zapier to send the mandate to the client for eSignature using Pandadocs.
The client signs the edoc which then updates Airtable and triggers a request for payment.
Once the payment is made an automated email is sent to the client requesting documents to be uploaded direct to Dropbox. This triggers an invoice to be raised in Quickbooks ready to be included in the next invoice run.
This completes the process for the basic service without any intervention from Hold Tech unless indicated on the form.
Further services will allocate the documents and project to a specific Consultant to review the documents before approving.
Connect your apps and automate workflows
Easy automation for busy people. Zapier moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
Create, your way
Part spreadsheet, part database, and entirely flexible, teams use Airtable to organize their work, their way.
Online accounting software
Small business accounting software that works for you. Save around 8 hours a month managing your accounts with Quickbooks.
Document automation for fast-moving teams
Improve your document workflow to allow for increased productivity and to deliver an amazing experience for your customers.
Focus on the work that matters
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace. We bring all of your team’s content together whilst letting you use the tools you love. And we help cut through the clutter, surfacing what matters most.
Turning data collection into an experience
Engage your audience with conversational forms & surveys and get more data
The platform that grows with you
Comprehensive payment solutions designed to serve the needs of your business.
Need help streamlining your workflows?
Here’s how we can help you …
1. Join our Facebook group NocodeVA where we share in-depth content and trainings on automation and the latest no-code tools
2. Purchase our eBook Automation Made Simple which has 25 done for you automated Zapier templates ready to implement into your business for just £25
3. Book a Power Hour where we will hang out on Zoom, share screens, focus on your automation plan, problem solve any tech issues you have, map your workflows out or just brush up on your automation skills. The choice of what you spend the hour on is yours
4. Sign up for interactive Zapier automation training (beginner – intermediate or intermediate – advanced) This training will not only help you save time in your own business but for your clients business too.
5. Work with us on a 1:1 basis to create bespoke automations specific to your business email us at email@example.com