Case Study – Cookie Doodle DooYvonne Hemmings
This is a case study of Cookie Doodle Doo who make personalised cookies.
What were they?
This case study highlights the fact automation can be used on the smallest repetitive tasks. Regardless of whether you automate a whole process or a single task you can and will see substantial cost and time savings.
Hand-writing labels for delivery boxes.
What were the goals?
Hand writing labels was not the best use of Mel’s time. It was a boring job that was essential but it was taking at least 1 minute per label. For 800 orders received Mel would spend on average 2 days writing labels.
We were tasked with automating the process by creating a mail merge based on orders received in Shopify.
How did we help?
The solution was to connect Shopify, Google Sheets and Avery mail merge together using Zapier.
1. Zapier was used to pull the address details from Shopify into a Google Spreadsheet
2. Avery mail merge add on was added to Google
3. A mail merge was used to create the printed labels which included Mel’s logo and the order number so this could be tied back to the initial order to ensure the correct cookies was in the right box.
The Post Office prefers printed labels too as they are easier to process. So a win-win all round!
Connect your apps and automate workflows
Easy automation for busy people. Zapier moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
No 1 eCommerce platform for all businesses.
Avery Mail Merge add on.
Used for mail merge to produce printed address labels.
Need help streamlining your workflows?
Here’s how we can help you …
1. Join our Facebook group NocodeVA where we share in-depth content and trainings on automation and the latest no-code tools
2. Purchase our eBook Automation Made Simple which has 25 done for you automated Zapier templates ready to implement into your business for just £25
3. Book a Power Hour where we will hang out on Zoom, share screens, focus on your automation plan, problem solve any tech issues you have, map your workflows out or just brush up on your automation skills. The choice of what you spend the hour on is yours
4. Sign up for interactive Zapier automation training (beginner – intermediate or intermediate – advanced) This training will not only help you save time in your own business but for your clients business too.
5. Work with us on a 1:1 basis to create bespoke automations specific to your business email us at [email protected]